Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Breeders - "New Year" from the Album Last Splash



The Breeders Last Splash CD cover
"New Year" is for me the kernel of a mystic vision. Using only 17 different words, Kim Deal transcribes for us the displacement of ego that occurs among religious mystics and the takers of hallucinogenic drugs.

It's also the soundtrack to the ancient fertility rite that is each year symbolized as the calendar changes, sun + rain + home = newness + rebirth.

Happy new year, and let it be truly new . . . .

The Breeders - Last Splash - 01 - New Year.mp3

This file was removed February 12, 2009. If you're still way interested in coming up with a copy of this--and really can't figure out where you might get one--drop me an email and I'm sure I'll be able to figure something out for you.

File under: The lovely and wonderful Kim Deal

I am the Sun I am the New Year

No comments: